From our humble beginnings in a house on Charlotte Street over 75 years ago, the Asheville JCC has become the central home for Asheville’s Jewish communal life, as well as a place that welcomes countless people from all faiths and backgrounds. We have now begun a new chapter in our long history by embarking upon a significant capital improvement campaign. Our goal is to create a JCC facility that will have a transformative impact on our ability to sustainably serve the community well into the future.
We are nearly there!
Due to an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity to receive a challenge grant that will match our successful fundraising efforts, we have already raised nearly $8 million to fund these improvements.
We are almost done, but we must raise another $500,000 from our community to achieve our goal. We need EVERYONE’s help to complete the campaign. Every pledge and donation that we receive will be matched – as long as we receive the pledge by December 31, 2017. Please help us to see this dream come true!
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Exciting improvements to the JCC include:
- Purchase of 2.5 acre property on Clyde Street (completed August 2015)
- New Aquatics Facility (scheduled to open 2017)
- New pool with retractable enclosure and baby pool
- New aquatics building with party room and changing facilities
- Expanded outdoor play areas including wall ball and picnic spaces
- Improved Children’s Program Spaces
- Camp pavilion & play field
- Dedicated classrooms for after school program and summer camp
- New early childhood wing (7 classrooms with bathrooms; 2 offices)
- New teacher lounge
- New and redesigned outdoor learning environments for youth and early childhood programs
- Adult and Community Spaces
- Dedicated rooms for adult and community programs
- Social hall renovations
- New board room
- Furnishings for upstairs adult lobby/lounge
- Renovate 2nd floor restrooms
Renovations to 236 Charlotte Street:
- New paint and ceilings for existing building
- New technology for security and member management
- Replace roof on existing building
- Upgrades to HVAC system
- Installation of fire sprinkler system
Print out Tomorrow’s JCC Pledge Form to mail or drop off to the JCC with your gift!