Preferred start date: February 2023 – open until filled – positions available: 2
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM
Pay rate: $15-$17/hr dependent on credentials
Shalom Children’s Center is a 5-star licensed early childhood education center. As an assistant teacher/floater, as part of the classroom teaching team of three teachers, assists in implementing an emotionally responsive, developmentally appropriate play-based classroom for a group of toddlers or two-year-olds. The floater is responsible for collaborating with the teaching team in building supportive relationships with families, and providing quality care and education to young children. This is an entry-level position with opportunity for advancement for the right candidate! We strongly believe that all educators of all positions, skill-levels, experiences, and backgrounds have a sacred responsibility to build a community of peace alongside our youngest children. Even though the nature of this important work with children demands intentionality, flexibility, and attention – this is a job in which we want you to SLOW DOWN, bring your authentic self, and be fully present. We approach our work with joy and leadership, and would love to welcome you to our Shalom family!
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Paid sick, vacation, personal days, and holidays
- JCC pool membership
- Tuition discount for enrolled children
The JCC values professional development and growth for our early childhood professional team. We will help you secure tuition scholarship for accredited college courses in Early Childhood Education, up to a Master’s degree!
- NC Qualifying letter (criminal background check)
- Tier I: High School Diploma, NCECE credential or ability to obtain (full scholarship provided)
- Tier II: NCECE Credential plus 12 semester hours in Early Childhood, or BA in related field plus NCECE equivalency
- experience working with children in an early childhood setting preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to physically lift and care for a child less than 40 lbs
To apply, please email email@example.com