We are currently scheduled to begin demolition of the locker rooms on Wednesday of next week. Unless there is an unanticipated delay, we will begin to see some activity here on Tuesday, with delivery of a dumpster that will be placed just north of the handicapped parking, next to the pool, along with construction fencing being placed just outside of the pool fence (where the picnic tables currently reside.) Other things you should know:
- Several parking spaces will be taken up by construction crew members next to where the JCC bus is parked; additional parking will be available on the field at the southeastern end of Clyde Street
- Access within the construction fencing will be limited to just construction crew members.
- Demolition will take approximately 2 weeks and will be very noisy; quiet time will be maintained between 1-3 pm throughout the entire project
- Renovations will be completed by the end of December and the PreK will occupy the new classrooms in January
- The PreK playground site will be moved to the corner of Clyde & Hillside Street in January
- Since the existing pool demolitions are scheduled to begin in April, the PreK will have access to the garden from January – March.
- Access to the garden will also be available while the locker rooms are being renovated, but only through the gates at the north end of the pool.
- Access to the hallway outside of the locker rooms will be completely restricted, therefore everyone will need to use the restrooms upstairs
- Vending machines will be moved upstairs, to be located across from Seth Kellam Youth Programs Director’s office