Classification: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday–Friday
Pay rate: $16-17/hr, depending on experience and credentials, with benefits
Full-time employees benefits include:
- Paid sick, vacation, personal days
- Paid holidays
- JCC pool membership
- Tuition discount for enrolled children
The JCC values professional development and growth for our early childhood professionals. We will help you secure tuition scholarship for accredited college courses in Early Childhood Education.
Position Summary: Shalom Children’s Center is a 5-star licensed early childhood education center. A co-lead/assistant teacher, as part of the classroom teaching team of three teachers, assists in implementing an emotionally responsive, developmentally appropriate play-based classroom of 16 children ages 4-5.
- Collaborating with the lead teacher in lesson planning based on an emergent curriculum
- Documenting children’s developmental progress and interests
- Building supportive relationships with families
- Collaborating with the age-group POD team using a strengths-based approach.
Requirements for Assistant:
- NC Qualifying letter (criminal background check)
- AA or BA in related field, including ECE credential or equivalency plus 12 hours coursework in ECE strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of experience working with children in an early childhood setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of emergent inquiry or Reggio-inspired approach preferred
- Ability to physically lift and care for a child less than 40 lbs
To apply, email your resume to Tiffany Hagemeyer at email@example.com