Classification: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday–Friday, 12-months
Pay rate: $17-18/hr, depending on experience and credentials, with benefits
Full-time employees benefits include:
- Paid sick, vacation, personal days
- Paid holidays
- JCC pool membership
- Tuition discount for enrolled children
The JCC values professional development and growth for our early childhood professionals. We will help you secure tuition scholarship for accredited college courses in Early Childhood Education, up to a Master’s degree!
Position Summary: Shalom Children’s Center is a 5-star licensed early childhood education center. As a lead teacher, you will be part of the 3-4-year old classroom teaching team of 3 teachers. The lead teacher implements an emotionally responsive, developmentally appropriate play-based school day for a classroom of 15 children ages 3-4.
- Collaborating with the teaching team in lesson planning based on an emergent curriculum
- Documenting children’s developmental progress and interests
- Building supportive relationships with families
- Collaborating with the age-group POD team using a strengths-based approach.
- NC Qualifying letter (criminal background check)
- AA or BA in early childhood or related field, including ECE credential plus 22 hours coursework in ECE strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of experience working with children in an early childhood setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of emergent inquiry or Reggio-inspired approach preferred
- Ability to physically lift and care for a child less than 40 lbs
Please e-mail HR@JCC-Ashevill.org for an application