Classification: Full or part-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Rate: Full-time: $12–14/hour; Part-time: $11–12/hr; Seasonal: $11.50–12/hr
Reports To: Aquatics and Wellness Director
Summary: The Lifeguard, under the supervision of the Aquatics and Wellness Director, shares in the JCC’s commitment to the highest quality of programs while maintaining excellent customer service. All lifeguards are a central point of connection between the JCC and all aquatics program participants and support the mission of the JCC by ensuring that every individual using the JCC pool receives a warm welcome and that a safe and secure environment is maintained at all times both in and out of the water.
- Age 15+
- Ability to obtain Lifeguard certification, CPR certification and Advanced First Aid certification
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and traditions
- Must enjoy working with all ages
Certified lifeguards are an integral part of the JCC Aquatics Facility. Being alert, knowledgeable, and approachable to all members, guests, and fellow co-workers is a must in providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Obtain and maintain all Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid Certifications
- Attentively and actively monitor all member activity in and out of pool
- Maintain clean and proper working order for all emergency equipment, pool equipment, bathrooms, pool furniture, pool, pool deck surface, and pool grounds
- Stay informed about programs and schedules in order to respond to Aquatics program or facility inquiries
- Welcome and help to orient new and prospective Aquatics program participants
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve member questions, concerns, and special circumstances.
- Stay informed of party/pool rental schedules and assist customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with enforcing all JCC safety and security policies and procedures
- Dress in company approved clothing
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com