Welcome to the JCC Aquatics Center and David Zimerman Pool! In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone, we ask that all guests and members adhere to our rules and behavior guidelines. Guests or members who fail to comply with the following may be asked to leave the premises.
For information about safety guidelines and modifications to the JCC Aquatics Center during COVID-19, please see this link.
- Any person with a current, annual JCC membership is entitled to join the JCC pool. JCC annual memberships are $75 per adult and $50 per child. (Households with more than 3 children will not be charged for more than 3 children.)
- JCC pool membership options include a summer seasonal membership and a year-round membership. Refer to current rates for details of pricing.
- Individual pool memberships are available for any JCC member age 12 or older.
- Members must accompany their guests at all times, and register them upon arrival.
- An adult member is required to sign in guests who are under the age of 16.
- A guest may attend the JCC pool for a maximum of two visits per guest per month. Out-of-town guests may receive prior approval from the JCC’s aquatics office to exceed the two visit limit.
- A member may bring up to 4 guests per day. Additional guests may be permitted with prior arrangements through the JCC’s aquatics office.
- Guest fees are $10 per guest or $8 for children under age 13.
- One non-member caregiver (babysitter/nanny) is permitted to attend the pool at no charge in order to supervise pool member children when there is no pool member parent present. Please inform the JCC’s Aquatics staff in advance regarding any non-member caregiver that is authorized to supervise your child(ren) at the pool, and this will be added as a note to your membership record. When a member parent is present, there is a $10 guest fee required for the additional caregiver to come to the pool.
Children & Teens:
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised at all times by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age when in pool area and locker rooms.
- During open swim times, there will be an “adult swim” period scheduled 10 minutes before the top of every hour. During this time, all children under the age of 18 must exit the pool for 10 minutes. The only exception will be for children who are participating in private swim lessons with a JCC instructor.
- Unless swimming with an instructor, all swimmers under the age of 12 must pass a swimming test and wear an identifying bracelet when swimming in the deep end. Novice and younger swimmers who complete the deep end test will be assigned a different color wrist band. This will help lifeguards to identify those who are new to the deep-end experience. If at any point a lifeguard notices signs of fatigue in a novice swimmer and/or an increase in deep-end activity overall, then lifeguards reserve the right to ask novice swimmers to take a 30-minute break (or longer, depending on the number of swimmers in the pool) from the deep end.
- Mermaid tails and mono-fins must only be used in the shallow end of the pool, and only by swimmers who have passed the deep-end test. The deep-end wrist band must be visible on the wrist of the swimmer.
JCC Aquatics Swim Diaper Policy
- In order to keep the JCC pools sanitary and open for everyone to enjoy, all children under the age of 4 years old who are not reliably potty trained, must wear a properly fitted iPlay diaper to swim in the main pool, or another pre-approved swim diaper while in the tot pool.
- Regular cloth, disposable, and disposable swim diapers will not be accepted as an alternative.
- Properly fitted swim diapers must be snug around the waist and thighs.
- iPlay is a local company. iPlay diapers are available for purchase at the JCC Aquatics Center front desk, through the iPlay website (iplaybaby.com) or on Amazon.com.
- NO LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY AT THE BABY POOL
- Children in the baby pool must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children over the age of  are not allowed in the baby pool.
- Parents/guardians will be held solely responsible for the safety of their children in the baby pool area.
- Diving is only permitted in the deep end.
- Diving blocks are for swim team and instructional use only.
- The weight limit for use of the diving board is 250 pounds.
- Only one person at a time on the diving board.
- No face masks are allowed while jumping from the diving board.
- No running on the diving board.
- No double bounces on the board (unless you are in a diving class with your instructor).
- Adjustments of the diving board fulcrum may be made only at the discretion of the aquatic staff.
- No Inward/cut away, reverse/gainer dives or flips that propel the diver toward the board are allowed (unless you are in a diving class with your instructor).
- Dive straight off the end of the board, not to the side.
- Wait until the previous diver has cleared the landing area before you dive.
- Swim immediately to the ladder or side of the pool after diving. Do not swim under the diving board.
- Divers must be able to swim to the ladder and exit the pool unassisted.
- NOTE: Individuals may be banned from the diving board if they continually violate the diving board rules or do not follow a safety restriction imposed by a life guard (e.g., a life guard may prohibit a diver from doing a back flip if the diver repeatedly comes too close to the diving board).
- JCC management and pool staff have the full authority to immediately suspend pool privileges and/or to ask any member or guest to leave who engages in actions which are unlawful or, in staff’s opinion, have the potential to be dangerous to the health, well-being, or enjoyment of the pool by other members, including individuals that appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of substances. Suspended pool privileges may be restored at the discretion of the JCC Executive Director and Aquatic Director.
- Running, horseplay, dunking, pushing or throwing persons into pool is not permitted.
- Sitting or hanging onto lane lines or ropes is not permitted.
- Please follow lifeguards’ instructions at all times.
- Cell phone use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms.
- No smoking on the premises.
- No fireworks are allowed on the premises.
- No pets are permitted on the premises. Service dogs are permitted.
Food and Drink:
- No glass containers are permitted in the pool area or locker rooms.
- No gum or food is permitted in the pool.
- Grills are available for pool member use and include a vegetarian grill, a kosher meat grill and an “anything goes” grill. Please obtain the appropriate grill utensils for each grill from the lifeguard office. Use only kosher utensils with the kosher meat grill.
- The JCC does not provide condiments, ice, or refrigeration.
- The pool and baby pool may be closed at any time during normal hours of operation due to contamination in the pool, or if an accident or injury requires the pool to be cleared.
- The JCC adheres to the National Lightening Safety Institute’s advised safety procedures in the event of lightning. Members and guests will be asked to clear the pool for 30 minutes in the event of thunder, and will be asked to clear the pool deck for 30 minutes in the event of lightning. Locker rooms are not considered a safe environment during lightning. They must also be cleared during lightning.
- Shower before entering the water. Wait 20 minutes after applying sunscreen to enter pool.
- Proper swimwear is required. Shirts and shoes must be worn in the JCC lobby and indoor areas.
- Persons with open sores or skin-related illness may not go into a pool.
- Flotation devices, including arm wings, are not permitted, although parent-supervised swim aides for young children or kickboards for swimming lessons are permitted. The ONLY exception is during supervised summer camp activities and/or JCC scheduled special events or holidays.
- Please report all accidents or injuries to the pool staff immediately.
- The JCC is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any valuables or other personal property.
- Lost and found bins will be cleaned out weekly at the end of every Sunday. Unclaimed items will be given away or repurposed by the JCC.
- The pool pavilion and party room may be rented for parties during normal hours of operation. The entire pool area may be rented for parties outside of normal pool hours. Contact Wendy Lawrence at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- During the summer pool season, the dome enclosure will remain open during all hours of operation, except when:
- Lifeguards are unable to see the bottom of the pool during a severe rain event.
- JCC Management decides to close the dome in order to maintain scheduled aquatics programming when sustained rainfall is forecast for a significant portion of the day.