What is our vision for nurturing the minds, souls, and hearts of our community?
Shalom Children’s Center is a place…
- are heard and respected as a valuable part of our community
- play and explore at their own pace
- are agents in their own learning and challenged to grow in different ways
- gain life-long skills and the confidence to use them
- feel important, accepted, and loved for who they are
- are engaged collaborators in the child’s experience
- support the value of quality early childhood education
- are valued participants of the community who share the essence of our Jewish values
- feel that they are respected in their individual beliefs and perspectives
- are committed partners
- are committed professionals who value the work they do
- are reflective, life-long learners with a growth mindset
- are compensated and supported to remain strong in mind, body and spirit
- make learning visible and are mindful of the mission of Shalom Children’s Center
- create a loving atmosphere and environment for learning
- feel a responsibility to support families and children
Created by 2017-2018 Shalom Faculty and Preschool Advisory Committee
We welcome you.
The Asheville JCC is committed to creating inclusive spaces. All are welcome to be part of our community and to participate in JCC programs and events regardless of religion, belief system, race, national or ethnic origin, appearance, language spoken, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. We strive to foster inclusion, compassion, dialogue and understanding among all people with a goal of ending bias and discrimination in any form.
You belong here.