Pay rate: $12/hr
Position Summary: Shalom Children’s Center is a 5-star licensed early childhood center in North Asheville. We are looking for substitute teachers that find joy in engaging with children ages 0-5 in a loving and supportive play-based environment. Substitute teachers are scheduled on an as-needed basis, with opportunities to build relationships with multiple groups of children, teaching teams, and families. This position is ideal for college students, dual professionals, or retired professionals who are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, but may not be able to commit to full-time work.
- HS Diploma
- At least 18 years of age
- NC Qualifying letter (criminal background check)
- Experience working with children strongly preferred
- Collaborate with teaching teams to provide emotionally responsive care and supervision to children ages 0-5
- Maintain safe and healthy play and learning environments that are developmentally appropriate for the children in each age group
- Engage learning through active play and inquiry (such as reading, building, dancing, observing, sharing, etc!)
We strongly believe that all educators of all positions, skill levels, experiences, and backgrounds have a sacred responsibility to build a community of peace alongside our youngest children. Even though the nature of this important work with children demands intentionality, flexibility, and attention, this is a job in which we want you to slow down, bring your authentic self, and be fully present. We approach our work with joy and would love to welcome you to our Shalom family!
To apply, email your resume to Tiffany Hagemeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org